Friday, June 24, 2005
A feast for a king 



[Post-uploaded / Wednesday 22 June 2005 12:26AM]

Against all common sensibility and self-control I went for a seafood and teppenyaki buffet dinner at the Vienna at United Square, despite battling one of the worst cough of my life. The cough-and-sputter-nonstop-for-five-minutes, cough-till-both-eyes-are-bloodshot-red, cough-balls-of-phlegm-and-vomit kind of cough that makes you look like someone is casting the demons out of your body. The medication makes my left hand tremble.

I didn’t really want to go, but it was a farewell dinner organized for a colleague and they had specially arranged the timing to fit MY schedule. And Elaine, my best friend at work, kept going on about the magnificent spread of food at the restaurant…

The food didn’t disappoint!

It was a feast fit for a king- there was sashimi, sushi, soba noodles, chawanmushi, Buddha-jump-over-the-wall, sharks fin with crab meat, Ginseng fish soup, crocodile soup (?!!), French pastry corn soup, buttermilk crabs, chilli crabs, black pepper crabs, cereal prawns, black pepper prawns, smoked salmon, grilled pork and beef, fried frog legs, roast meat, GIANT oysters, mussels, baked cheese scallops, ice cream, HASHIMA (!!!), herbal jelly, excellent French pastries, cocktails, coffee, cappuccino, cocoa, a wide variety of flavoured tea… and much much more.

You really should go down to try it out yourself, although it is a *little* pricey at about SGD40.00 per head.



All photos taken by my Panasonic X800 phone :)


Clockwise from top left: 1. Elaine at her most unflattering 2. Too much caffeine
in my system but a little insanity never hurt anyone ;) 3. Our “mummy” Joyce and
Gynnel 4. The “always-25” Gynnel

So now I sit coughing and sputtering in my room, and I deserve it for all those things I fed myself just now. At the rate I am going, I am never going to recover my voice.

When I went to see a doctor yesterday, the first thing he asked was, “Is this your normal voice?”. I couldn’t decided if it was more amusing or depressing. He said my condition is pretty bad (“Are you sure you can work?!”) and would take a few days to weeks to recover.

Two years ago I lost my voice at around the same time too and I remember being terribly embarrassed at having to introduce myself at Thai 2 class, hoping nobody mistakes me for a tranny or something.

Incoherent thoughts on a sleepless night.

Tempted to have yet another cup of coffee, but I better abstain.


Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile