Wednesday, June 22, 2005
My testimony 




I was brought up in a Buddhist family and grew up thinking that Christianity was a Western religion that had no relevance to me. In my high school clique, I was the only non-Christian and proud to be that way.

On the surface, I had everything going for me. I came from an upper middle-class family and my dad gave me pretty much whatever I asked for. I studied in an elite all-girls’ school with a close-knitted group of friends and was well-liked in school.

My life painted a rosy picture but I used to lie in bed at night wondering what was going to happen to me when I die. The idea that I would one day simply cease to exist frightened me so much that I would cry myself to sleep, overwhelmed by the inevitability of death and meaninglessness of life.

I also carried with me a shameful family secret- my dad was having an open affair with my maid and my mum was depressed and often stayed up alone drinking. My parents’ relationship had deteriorated to the extent that they stopped speaking to each other for three-four years despite sharing the same bed. If and when they tried to talk, it would only end up in senseless quarreling. By then, my siblings and I had resigned ourselves to the fact that things were going to remain this way for the rest of our lives and chose to act that nothing had happened.

One day, I was on my way home from the bus interchange when a girl stopped me in my tracks and asked if she could have five minutes of my time. She then took out a comic tract and shared with me about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When she asked if I wanted to pray to receive Him into my heart, I obliged despite not understanding or believing because I thought it would be the fastest way to rid of her.

I remember boldly challenging this God to do something about my family situation since He was supposedly real- you can imagine my disappointment when nothing changed the next morning!
spray-painted on the floor
God does not subscribe to our timetable and His miracle came a few months later- my maid’s mum fell very ill and she had to fly back to attend to her. My siblings and I vehemently objected to her coming back to work for us, and to our surprise, my dad did not object! I watched as my parents started to communicate with each other and things slowly returned to normal. In my heart, I was amazed and convinced that God has answered my prayers. It was also then I began to attend church and grow in my faith.

He has seen me through tough times in life- my mum’s operation, a traumatic break-up, graduating from university and finding a job, difficult bosses and work stress, my dad’s joblessness which almost resulted in bankruptcy… and I attest to His unmerited grace and abundant blessings throughout.

I never did once regret my decision to accept Christ- He has made all the difference in my life and I would not be who or where I am today if not for Him! I now know that I was made for a purpose and am destined for eternity with Him.


“Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in
Him.”
– Psalm 34:8




Link to this entry | 3 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile