Monday, October 31, 2005
Jehovah Jireh 


I almost lost everything overnight.

I had received a call from my sister on a Friday night, right before meeting my church friends.

“The people from the bank came this morning. Daddy is being filed for bankruptcy and they had a court letter to take away our things.”

My heart skipped a beat. I knew my dad was running into bad debt and had received several letters for not paying his bills on time. In fact, now that I had started work, I took over the responsibility of paying for the household bills. I thought everything was under control. The idea of returning to an empty house seemed too unreal.

“So what happened?” I asked, almost afraid to hear my sister’s answer.

“Mummy didn’t let them in. She said she can’t make any decision when Daddy’s not around and asked them to come back on Monday instead.”

I didn’t know what to do next. I only told my church friends to pray for my family and the situation.

After I spoke to my close friend Aaron the next morning, he immediately phoned some church friends to help me move out my stuff that night. I spent the day packing and felt like I had to pack all my twenty-two years of life into boxes and plastic bags! Three of them came in a van near midnight and transported my things to one of their homes.

My mum did not know how to react. My father expected her to do something. He did nothing.

Together with my sister, we took my mum to my church on Sunday morning to speak with my pastor who used to be a lawyer. I thank God that He used my pastor to give us practical advice when we felt so lost and helpless! My pastor also assured my mother that things were not as bad as they seemed and that we could build our lives all over again.

That night, for the first time in my life, we had a family meeting. We talked about what to do after the court seized our things, if we had to sell the house etc.

Monday morning, I went back to work with a deep sense of peace. I knew that people were praying for us, and that God was watching over us. No matter what the outcome was, everything was going to be okay. However, what happened next was even more incredible!

The bank people did not return on Monday as requested. Neither did they come on Tuesday, or Wednesday. Instead, on Thursday evening, when I was on my way home after work, I called my mum and she told me that the bank withdrew the court order and agreed to let my dad pay back the debt in installments instead. It was truly a miracle, because the bank must have already spent thousands of dollars on legal proceedings!

Looking back, I am thankful that He intervened when He did not have to, when we did not deserve it. I am also amazed how God used this experience to bring my family closer together.

Indeed, all praise to Him who makes everything possible!


Psalm 34:4-7
“I sought the Lord, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
He saved them out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him
and he delivers them.”



Link to this entry | 5 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile