Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Life is good 


“How was I supposed to know it was going to be the kind of day when you might get hit by a shooting star, or find an extra strip of gum in the pack?”
– The Boy in the Bubble by Ian Strachan


Life has been good. Undeservingly good. I feel like I’m the only person allowed second helpings at dinner.

Last week, I was out with my mum and domestic helper at the mall near my place.

“You know what I’d really like for my birthday?” I wondered out loud and burst out laughing even before I could answer myself because it was silly and so very indulgent. “Diamond earrings!”

Guess what my mum did?

She bought me my first pair of diamond earrings. There was a sale, it was the last pair and I truly had no real intention of making her spend that kind of money but she insisted. She had just collected payment from a client and paid for it in cash. Her hard-earned money, generously spent on me without a thought.

Today I came home and she passed me a packet of disposable toilet seat covers for me to bring on my mission trip.

It makes me want to cry thinking about it, that she would think of me when out at work, her subtle way of showing love and encouragement for my passion for Thailand, even when she thinks “the world out there is too chaotic and you still want to go again”.

Her small acts of kindness makes me feel bad for being annoyed with her when she barges into my room in the early morning to work on my computer and impatient with her when she can’t get the printer to work and wakes me up to fix it for her.

Sigh.

And as if I am overwhelmed enough by my mother’s love, my two best friends in the world Chaz and Jo are sending me off at the airport next week. Jo is lending me her very expensive digital camera (and wants to let me have it at some ridiculously cheap price) and Chaz is delivering the Sparta Birkenstocks they ordered online for my birthday present.

I am so excited about the trip that it is on my mind almost every waking moment. There is nothing else in the world I would rather do, nowhere else I would rather be.

Apart from the endless preparation, it is my prayer that there will be a breakthrough in our church-planting in Chiangmai, that the Thai Christians will be encouraged and inspired to rise up to reach their own people, that many will receive Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour, and that I will come back with a stronger conviction and greater love and passion for God

Everything is falling into place, and I am at peace.

Everything I need is You
My beginning, my forever




Link to this entry | 2 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile