Friday, May 5, 2006
Me, the great lover of books 


Pastor Tiak always says that the real cost of a (good) book is the cost of not reading it, and I agree.

The truth is I can't go for long without having a book to read, and I can't walk past a bookstore without wanting to buy something. I love picking up a new book and paying for it, putting my nose to the pages to smell the print and the idea of being able to bury myself in characters, ideas and words...

Anyway.

I dropped by Borders after dinner and a bout of shopping with my colleagues, and I couldn't resist the 3-for-2 offer going on. So I bought these three exciting titles-

'Freakonomics' by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' by Mitch Albom'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' by Jonathan Safron Foer
[please click for links about book]

Books make me happy. Happy like drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning. Happy like spending time with a dear friend and laughing at ourselves. Happy like shopping on an idyllic weekday afternoon and finding the perfect dress. Happy like having a conversation with a stranger and knowing that I have enriched his life in some way. Happy like being able to openly share about my faith and life experiences with others.

This week had been good.

His mercies are new every morning, and I go to work with a renewed sense of purpose, finding joy in the little things I do and building closer relationships with my colleagues.

The old T is back.



Link to this entry | 4 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile