Sunday, September 17, 2006
If there is a chance 


It is almost daylight but I am still wide awake.

And so I survived my first week in Analytics, answering about 65-70 tickets a day from clients and the learning curve is steep but I actually enjoy it and feel like I've gained and contributed so much.

In between adjusting to my new environment, Jeff flew in for Sales training and we hung out after work every single day, visiting places and eating too much for our own good.

I hate to have to say goodbye to him tomorrow. I am still deciding if I should go to the airport.

It gets harder each time- this was the longest trip he has taken here and we saw so much of each other that I got too attached. I guess having him here helped take my mind off the trauma of ADSK, but next week I shall have to return to the normalcy of my daily routine.

That said, I was so worn out by the activities this week that I slept most of my Saturday away. I only woke up to take a long-distance call from Rody and it was really nice to be able to chat with him for almost an hour. He told me he had been spending less money to save for the trip and I immediately felt guilty for the money I have been spending on shopping, books and entertaining Jeff.

I really hope Spain happens.

And Miss Bookworm bought four titles from Borders this weekend:

'Keeping Faith' by Jodi Picoult
INTRODUCING Consciousness
'Norwegian Wood' by Haruki Murakami
'Dance Dance Dance' by Haruki Murakami
[Click on image for book review]
Edit
I didn't go to the airport in the end. Stayed at home and AIMed with Rody for 2 or 3 hours talking random things, read my book and drifted in and out of sleep. It was crazy to travel two and a half hours to and fro just to see Jeff for 15 minutes and I don't think the last embrace would make me happier. I got a goodbye-and-thank-you call, so I guess this will keep me smiling for now:





Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile