Sunday, June 14, 2009
women and fashion 



Women and fashion are as fickle as they come.

In Tokyo, learning how to dress for different seasons and living in one of the fashion capitals of the world, I had a good excuse to go on a shopping spree every other week.

It's terrible how despite having given away two huge bags of clothes when I left Japan, I still had enough clothes to fit into another 4 super-sized boxes to ship home. And when I got to the airport, we had too much baggage and actually forked out another 25,000 yen to ship my entire red suitcase that weighed 30 kg to Singapore.

Back in this sunny island and surrounded by fashion-conscious friends, most of the clothes I bought and shipped from Japan don't quite appeal to me anymore. Less than 6 months of coming home, I am purging my wardrobe again and giving away clothes and handbags that I don't use anymore.

Moving to Melbourne has given me another excuse to reinvent my look and revamp my wardrobe, and I have been reading fashion blogs. (See the links below my friends' on the right side.) The Great Singapore Sale has also been very helpful. ;)

Look out for this space- I'll be putting up some of my outfits if I find a mirror to pose in front of.

Meanwhile, I'll be packing my suitcase.

Labels: , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile