Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Goodbye, children! 



My first teaching round ended on Monday.

In 4 weeks I had grown attached to the children, and I woke up every morning eager to go to school to see their faces and work with them. Being around 7 year-olds for over 40 hours a week can really change you. It makes you a nicer person, more patient, more nurturing, more involved and life just seems so much simpler.

During my time there, my mentor teacher was nothing but praise and constructive feedback, and she treated me as an equal in the classroom and made my time there such a joy. When she gave me my evaluation report, I was really encouraged to see that she had scored me 100% and written me a glowing review.

She then surprised me by whipping out a chocolate cake and a bag full of snacks and announced to the kids that we were going to have a farewell party for me. The kids took turns to say what they had liked about me being in the classroom, and many of them ran up to me for a hug.

I can't think of anything else I want to do with my life.


Labels: , , , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile