Friday, November 20, 2009
Summer in the city 


Summer is good for throwing on a dress and heading out, and I have been exploring the city on my own while E is at work.

In the last week, we have gone to a comedy club, hung out in the 'burbs, had a drinks party, rode his rusty old bike in the park and watched an opera (for our 2nd anniversary).

"You're being wined and dined," E joked and I smiled. It's true, I've been pampered.

Did I mention that he loved my painting so much that he took me to Eckersley's in Prahran and bought me my own set of art supplies? Canvases, brushes, a big 52-tube box of acrylic paints and a palette.

The other day, I trammed up to Johnston Street and wandered in and out of random shops all the way to Gertrude Street. It's on my tram line en route to the city and I've been meaning to check out the area but I kept putting it off.

I am glad I decided to be spontaneous because I scored a series of art books featuring various painters for $1 each(!), and discovered a lot of cool boutiques and recycled clothes stores. Mellie would have loved it.

This is what I wore last Friday, a vintage dress I got from Haji Lane in Singapore during my last trip home-

By the way, I am very excited to announce that I have been offered the perfect summer job teaching English to international kids waiting to enrol in high school!

It's on Lygon Street, which ups the cool factor, and it pays much better than any waitressing or retail job could have. I'll be working weekdays from 9 to 3:30 and Saturdays from 9 to 12, and the money will help cover my rent and expenses for next semester.

It couldn't be more perfect, except E and I will have to postpone our big road trip at the end of the year... Oh well!

Labels: , , , ,



Link to this entry | 1 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile