Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Oh, the places I go! 


Ever since Locky introduced me to the Readings bookstore near work, I've been going there almost every other day. You know I can't walk past a bookstore without going in to have a look, and I always end up browsing for at least half an hour and find it hard to walk out without buying something.

And so it just made sense to buy books for E and his parents for Christmas. Book-shopping without the guilt, me likey!

In fact, I was so engrossed in the books that I had chosen them today that I missed my bus-stop that connected me to my tram home. The next thing I knew, the bus was going on the freeway and I ended up all the way in the middle-of-nowhere, also known as Kew.

I thought I would just cross the road and hop on the next bus back to the city, but I looked at the schedule and realized that the last bus in that direction was at 3 p.m.! I was not amused, especially since I had no idea where I was, nor was I interested in taking the bus further out east, and I really wanted to be home in time to make myself a proper dinner.

A few frantic SMS-es and calls to E later, he convinced me the best thing was to go back to the bus-stop I alighted at and flag down the next bus that came and explain my predicament to the driver.

And so I did, and thankfully the driver took me a few bus-stops down the road and got me to cross the road to take another bus that took me back to the city. My little misadventure cost me over an hour, but I convinced myself I was doing some spontaneous sightseeing.

I'm just glad to have gotten home before 8. ;)

Labels: , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile