Wednesday, April 18, 2007
The end of a chapter 



I quit Bloomberg on Monday.

It was a teary goodbye in the office after I sent out the e-mails to my TL and manager and stood up to leave, and people started coming round to hug me to wish me all the best.

I have but the most amazing memories of working there and I know I would not be where I am today if not for the opportunities presented me by the company.

Having started with zero knowledge in the finance industry and moving my way up has challenged me in many ways and given me the faith and determination to believe that I can do whatever I set my mind on. I had the privilege of working with an international team of people and form a close-knit group of colleagues who are intelligent, motivated, encouraging and care about you as a person. The salary allowed me to pay off my university loan in less than a year, live comfortably, be more generous, travel and see places.

I led a good life for as long as I was with the company.

That being said, I knew that finance is not my passion and I really wanted to do something more with my life.

And so I found myself a job teaching English in Atsugi, Japan which is just slightly outside of Tokyo and will be relocating there for a year. I am not sure where I'd go from there, but I know I am in good hands.

Who would have thought my life would take such a crazy turn within such a short period of time?

I have never been away from home and grew up with domestic help my entire life. I am used to having people clean up after me. I've never made my bed, done my laundry or cooked my own meals.

But I want to learn. 24 years and I reckon it's time to be truly independent and take care of myself.

I am excited to have this opportunity but also scared of what this entails. I am extremely thankful for my family and friends in Singapore who have been completely supportive of my decision and whom I know will always be here for me no matter what.

Here's to the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one!

Labels: , , ,



Link to this entry | 2 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile