Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Emily 


Taken in Tokyo Disneyland (circa April 2007)

Emily will always be a part of Tokyo for me.

I remember on my first trip here in April, she and the girls took me on a morning half-day tour of historical and cultural sites in Tokyo, organized a dinner in Shinjuku with 10 other colleagues for me, took time off to bring me shopping in Harajuku and Ikebukuro, brought me to Tokyo Disneyland and wrote down directions for me to get to Atsugi for my interview, gave me a Suica so I didn't have to buy train tickets everytime I travelled... They paid for a lot of my meals and insisted I save my money for shopping, completely exceeding every expectation of Japanese hospitality for me.

When I relocated here, she continued to be a source of strength and encouragement. She was there when I was bored and lonely, and when I was heartbroken and lost. She just listened, and never judged.

This Christmas, she invited me to her home for a girl's night out and for the new year's and my birthday, she is planning a little countdown and celebration for me.

I don't deserve her, but I like to think she was an angel sent by God to guide me in a crazy city like Tokyo.

Labels: , , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile