Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Old friends and new 


After working a full weekend and most of Monday, today came as a good respite, even if I packed my day with activities and people to meet.

I had my last Japanese class for the year and realized that I have come a long way from when my only vocabulary was kimochii.

I then met Edgar for lunch in Shinjuku, and we had lunch at my favourite cafe and talked the afternoon away, from work to music to family to culture to language to religion.

He is my inspiration- he has only been here for a little over 3 years but he has gone from zero Japanese to JLPT1. I was aiming to take JLPT3 by the end of next year, but he suggested that I aim for a Level 2 since I know a lot of kanji.

I'm going to try lah.

We then walked around a bit before he left for work and I continued with my Christmas shopping. I ended up making some bulk purchases and had to head home to put down my bags and tidy up my room before meeting Hiroko for dinner.


It's been a while since I saw her and she took me to an Asian fusion restaurant in Nishi-Shinjuku with an amazing view.


As much as a lot has happened in my time here, I have grown to love Tokyo and call it home.


Labels: , , , , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile