Monday, March 9, 2009
Everybody knows nobody really knows 


Taken in our riverside guesthouse in Luang Prabang, Laos

My parents and I sent E off at the airport yesterday.

We have been together almost 24/7 for the last 3 months and it feels strange (and oh so very quiet) not to have him by my side. I got used to eating every meal and sharing every thought with him... all this is left of him now is an empty can of Tiger beer on the shelf and his scent on my pillow.

I miss him, yet I understand that this short time apart is necessary for us to figure out what we want to do with our lives, and on then can we have a meaningful relationship. And it is only when I am alone that I can really listen to myself. Still our lives are so interlinked that it is difficult to imagine a future separate from him.

There are so many things that I love about him, much more than the things that occasionally annoy me about him. And there has been countless occasions where I have behaved or treated him badly and am amazed by his ability to still love me in spite of those moments.

I will always remember what he said about two people acting as a unit when they are a couple, and how they must make each other stronger when they come together. This shall be my goal in our relationship.

Sometimes you just have to take a chance on love.

Labels: , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile