Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I wear my heart upon my sleeve 


"For when my outward action doth demonstrate
The native act and figure of my heart
In compliment extern, 'tis not long after
But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am."

- From "Othello" by Shakespeare

I'll be the first to admit that I've always been one to wear my heart on my sleeve.

Casey tells me it's both my virtue and my Achilles heel, because I lay bear my feelings for all to see, which makes me the most genuine person but yet so vulnerable at the same time.

I've gone through enough relationships to know that life is too short to be playing games with someone else's heart. If you love someone, you say it and you fight for it. There is no such thing as The One or a perfect relationship. It's a commitment you make and something you work hard for.

But it also takes two hands to clap, and you can't hurry or force love. At the end of the day, it's all about timing and it's a choice you make.

The Charlotte in me is ever-optimistic and believes in a happily ever after. The Carrie in me is devoted to the Mr. Big in my life, always choosing to forgive and trust. The Samantha in me is willing to give up my successes to serve and be with the man I love. The Miranda in me is contented to be dating the best friend I've ever had and to love him just the way he is.

I know you have fought hard for my love...

Do you really? Do you know how many times I have read and re-read the letter and how your words ring in my head?

I don't understand how things became so complicated. There are days my hearts breaks into a million little pieces over things that I can no longer control, and I learn to cry and let it out, let it go.

Labels: , ,



Link to this entry | 1 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile