Tuesday, June 26, 2007
His undeniable goodness 


My last 6 hours in Singapore, and Mother Nature finally decides to rain on me after I endured the unbearable humidity here for the last 10 days.

My last night out in Singapore was heartwarming.

Apart from the fact that everyone has been making time out of their busy schedules to meet me, many of whom I met multiple times, apart from the numerous treats I have received, most of them also decided that I deserved going away gifts.

I received expensive toiletries, make-up, Moleskin notebook, DS game (on loan from Ahred!), Philips hairdryer, ice-cream scoop, Le Sportsac pouch, huge M'phosis bag for school/gym, more local food products... damn paiseh because I didn't get them much, and it was hard to say goodbye to everyone again.

Perhaps this is the nature of men- I miss Singapore when I am there, I miss Japan where I am here and I find myself in a perpetual state of missing.

And I cannot help but stand amazed that God has answered my prayers by sending people into my life to ease my transition to Tokyo.

Like my desire to meet Singaporeans to speak Singlish with (I currently live with two ABCs), P introduced me to his friend Des who is starting work in Tokyo in September and might possibly become my housemate...

Or my desire to find a church to attend- I was contacted by Tomoko who actually used to attend my old church Brighton and is now living in Chiba with her parents, and she has invited me to cell group and service on Sunday. Not only that, but the church she goes to is the exact one I have been wanting to visit, I even listened to a few sermon podcasts online to sound out their gospel....

And my desire to have more Singaporeans in Berlitz- Jo is now in Tokyo and she said her interview went well, and Gab whom I met (and adore) is going for his in September...

My desire to form deep friendships in Tokyo- my colleague D sent me a postcard while I was here, which reminded me of when I was in Bloomberg and got letters via internal mail. And Shuichi who let me rant my lungs out when we met up and offered me very practical advice and also suggested we make it a weekly dinner...

I realized that I haven't been trusting God in a lot of practical aspects of my life but He has reminded me that He is faithful and I need not fear anything.

"Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
"

- Psalm 103: 1-5


Thank you Daddy.

Labels: , , ,



Link to this entry | 3 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile