Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Simple Life 


Caffé Veloce is probably the cheapest of all coffee shop chains in Tokyo and they make a mean mocha for just 220 yen.

I spend my afternoons there while P is at work. The decor is modest and minimalistic and the cafes are always crowded enough to people watch but quiet enough to study.



Armed with my stationary kit, textbooks and Creative Zen, I sit there for a few hours and study Japanese.

These days, I wake up at about 10-11 when everyone else is at work and being useful to society. I turn on my laptop, check my emails, surf the net, chat with friends from home and play some music. Then I make bed, wash dishes and do laundry before heading out for a coffee. I meet up with P after work and have dinner together and we talk, and then we come home and veg. I live a simple life now.

I was remarking to P how amazing it is that I am doing household chores and how much time it takes up. He shook his head and said, "Well princess, this is what the rest of the world has to contend with, the drudgery of everyday living on top of having to work."

Now I know.

Labels: , , , ,



Link to this entry | 2 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile