Thursday, March 13, 2008
La Poursuite #10: Opatoca II 


I shall rejoice, for the 20th marks the official arrival of spring and the weather is now warm enough for me to ditch my awful brown coat and wear something lighter instead.

Since I was bailed on by someone, Mellie and I spent a lazy afternoon in the chi-chi residential neighbourhood of Naka-Meguro.


We decided to check out the main Opatoca outlet and stuff ourselves silly with bread.

We ordered hotdogs for lunch- I had cheese and she had miso. The coffee was so-so and we also shared a chocolate scone. I definitely prefer the food at Macchinesti, but there is something very wholesome and comforting about Opotoca. Everything-the food, the service, the decor and ambience is infused with so much love you can't help but smile.

I had the chocolate devil stick to go, and it was sooooo good, like manna from heaven. Really.

Tonight's a quiet night in, accompanied by my books and magazines and I am contented.

I'll leave you with the words from Hymn to Him sung in "My Fair Lady"-

Why can't a woman take after a man?
Men are so pleasant, so easy to please;
Whenever you are with them, you're always at ease.
Would you be slighted if I didn't speak for hours?
Would you be livid if I had a drink or two?
Would you be wounded if I never sent you flowers?

Why can't a woman take after like a man?
Cause men are so friendly, good natured and kind.
A better companion you never will find.
If I were hours late for dinner, would you bellow?
If I forgot your silly birthday, would you fuss?
Would you complain if I took out another fellow?

Well, why can't a woman be like us?

Labels: , , , , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile