Thursday, May 1, 2008
Otaku 


"What are you talking about?" she asked as she walked into her class of 2 students engaged in a lively conversation in Japanese.

"His wife is a heavy collector," one of them explained.

"She collects various... like books, Disney goods and etc."

"You mean, she's a serious collector." she offered.

They hmm-ed in agreement.

"So, do you collect anything?" she asked the first.

"I used to collect Gundam figures but last year I throw all away."

"Why?" the second asked.

"I think Gundam figures is... not good for me."

"Because..." she probed.

"It is otaku image. But I am not otaku. I am mechanical engineer, I love beautiful machines. For me, Gundam figures is like beautiful machines. But many Japanese think it is otaku to collect Gundam figures, so I must throw away."

"You should sell them on Yahoo! auction. You can make much money!" the other advised.

"Do you regret it?" she asked.

"No, I don't regret. I make right decision!"

She nodded and the first continued. "But last week, I broken my heart again," he pointed to the exact date on the calender. "I went on blind date on 27th April, but the 28th of April her answer is NO."

"That's too fast!" she blurted out.

"No, traditional Japanese blind date is one day answer." he explained.

"Don't sad." the other consoled.

"Don't feel bad." she corrected.

They chorused after her.

"No I don't feel bad. I will feel good!" he said as he sat up.

But she noted that hint of sadness in his voice, and she could only hope that he would find someone to love soon.

Labels: , , ,



Link to this entry | 1 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile