Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Captain Crunch, it's time 


Taken at Half Moon Bay in Melbourne, Australia

I apologize for the lack of real entries- my loyal readers will have to settle for cryptic snippets of writing instead.

From my years of blogging I have learnt that some things are personal, as much as I am tempted to spill my guts here. I am well aware of the repercussions of my revelations on the world wide web- I say one thing, you read between the lines for things I never intended to say and it snowballs into something with a life of its own.

This is what it comes down to, that life is about making your own decisions and living with the consequences.

I've been very blessed to this point in my life because amazing opportunities have always presented themselves to me and it was all very black-and-white.

But suddenly I find myself with a few routes to take, each one so mutually exclusive and the opportunity costs so great that I just can't decide. While before it was about us, now it's about me and the implication are beyond me. It's not an excuse, nor is it my desire to waste time, but this is my future I am talking about and I need to think through this carefully.

To stay or to go, to work or to study, to follow the crowd or follow my heart?

Five or ten years down the road, I am sure I can look back at this period of my life and laugh at my lack of clarity. But this is what growing up is all about isn't it?

Labels: , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile