Wednesday, April 8, 2009
the past is cloaked in multicoloured taffeta 


"You think that just because it's already happened, the past is finished and unchangeable? Oh no, the past is cloaked in multicoloured taffeta and every time we look at it we see a different hue."

- An excerpt from "Life is Elsewhere" by Milan Kundera


It's not that I don't miss you. To the contrary.

From the hand-me-down Canon 300D we've taken thousands of photos with, to the mini wooden statues we received as omiyage (souvenir) in Hokkaido, to the silk shawl from the Landmine museum in Cambodia, to the propaganda art prints we got in Ho Chi Minh city, to the sunnies we bought in that dingy Sungei Wang mall in KL, to the stack of books we handpicked in India, to the sleek external hard disk you fixed up for me in Singapore, to the bumble bee on the header of my blog from our favourite Bollywood film - you're everything and everywhere I see.

There is part of me that wants an answer
A part of me that doesn't wanna know
A part of you that I am in love with
And the part that I'm willing to let go

There is a delicate unravelling
Now and then I find pieces on the floor
Tiny little bits that tell me
Well, maybe I shouldn't take this
Or love you anymore

But the right thing to do is to move on and keep looking forward, even though every iota of my heart tells me to hold on and believe in us.

Labels: , , , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile