Friday, March 5, 2010
A walk down memory lane 


Three years ago today, I was training some clients in the Bloomberg office when we were struck by the aftershocks of the Indonesian earthquake. It was my first experience of tremors, but certainly not my last. When I moved to Japan, earthquakes (and typhoons) became a common occurrence in my life.

Two years ago today, I was living in Tokyo and dating an unfortunate character by the name of R. I needed a rebound guy after P and I broke up. The relationship lasted all of 2 months before it fizzled out, but I am glad it happened because it brought E and I closer. I remember all the exasperated phone calls and smses to E when R went MIA, and when I did meet up with R he tried to convince me that E and I were obviously into each other and that I should date E instead. Go figure.

One year ago today, E and I were in Singapore, just after our week-long trip to India. E was heading back to Melbourne for a month to visit his ailing grandmother, and I decided to buy a ticket to be with him for 10 days. Little did I know that he would inform me that he had decided to move back for good when he arrived home, which came as a complete surprise to me because he had bought a return ticket. To cut a long story short, that was the beginning of about 6 months of drama where we were on and off (and on and off, you get the drift) and I ended up moving to Melbourne to do my postgraduate studies.

I am a believer of fate. I know that all the events that have happened in life have led me to where I am today. Just 8 weeks shy of completing my teaching diploma, it is time to figure out what my next step is going to be.

And where are you headed, my friends?

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Link to this entry | 0 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile