Tuesday, March 11, 2008
breathe and easy 


With my new schedule I finally have a proper weekend to speak of (Thuesdays and Fridays off) but it also means I work my ass off from Saturday to Wednesday and that brings about a new kind of tired.

Recently my school has been busy and I teach an average of 10-11 lessons every day, each class being 40 minutes with a 5 minute break in between, same time for meal breaks but seeing as I use it to prepare for my next round of lessons I don't get any rest.

I am not complaining.



After a month of non-contact, I sent P a text message two nights ago to see how he was doing, but it was one of those messages that didn't warrant a reply and I was surprised when he did. He called me the next day close to 11- I had just got home from work and late-night grocery shopping and he had just finished work too. Since we were both hungry, we decided to have pizza at our favourite joint near my station.

I've missed going to the places we used to frequent in my neighbourhood, where the waiters recognize us and we don't need the menu to order.

I was happy to see him again, a little excited even, and it seemed like the animosity that existed between us had somewhat disappeared. We bantered away like old friends, much like how it used to be when we would chat for hours at work about anything and everything.

Some of the things he said that used to upset me before didn't bother me when he brought it up again. There is no longer the need for me to be validated by him or be included in his life, and I am glad to have moved on.

When I mentioned Ryan, he gave a hint of a smile and nodded. He didn't ask any questions, nor did I offer any details.

For now, some things are best left unsaid.

Labels: , , , , , ,



Link to this entry | 1 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile