Monday, August 4, 2008
Summer 


Wake up, vacation's over, back to the daily grind.

I've been really busy. Busy with work- August's a busy season because the kids are on summer break and adults on their obon holidays, I've been teaching more classes than usual. Also my school is moving buildings, we're getting a brand new center with new furniture and equipment! Busy with working on the photographs we took on our trip- E and I spent 3 days selecting the best/most representative pictures from our vacation and now I have to resize, edit and upload them onto Picasaweb. Busy catching up with friends- some are leaving the country, a few have recently resurfaced in my life, many want to hear my travel stories. Busy with cleaning up the house- one year of neglect and my lack of interest in all things domestic is finally getting to me. Busy with commuting between Tokyo and Kanagawa, for work and for someone, trying to get a different feel of life in Japan.

I'm trying not to lose sight of my purpose here in Japan, and also trying to figure out what His Masterplan for my life is. I tell myself I cannot be young and impetuous anymore and every decision I make has to be carefully examined and weighed. There are responsibilities to uphold, family and friends and God to be accountable to.

Some people say I think too much, but I don't think that is neccesarily a bad thing- an unexamined life is not worth living. Better to worry a little bit than to live each day in a mindless cycle of fun and reverie. 

Having kopi at the Holland Village food court


Breakfast outdoors on a beautiful morning in Phnom Penh


Enjoying our afternoon cocktails in the Angkor Night Market


Saying goodbye to Cambodia after one week there

I left my heart in Southeast Asia.

Labels: , , , , , ,



Link to this entry | 1 commented.

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13835952\x26blogName\x3dLittle+Superhero+Girl\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://treeschar.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://treeschar.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3350957289009283493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Back to main page

Female. Singaporean
Traveller. Bookworm.
Coffee Addict.
Amateur Photographer.
Wannabe Fashionista.
Museum Geek.

View my profile